Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010

I woke up at 4am this morning when Abigail got in our bed. I looked out our bedroom window and the whole yard was lit up with the light from the moon, and the trees were casting shadows all over the snow. It was beautiful and I knew I had to try to get a picture.

I tried out the window but there was no way I could hold the camera still long enough to get enough exposure so I dug out my tripod, put on my boots and coat and went outside. Brr..it's was cold out...about zero degrees!

It took me a few minutes to figure out how to set up the shot to include themoon without wading into the 13 inches of snow. It also took me a few shots to find the right exposure but I finally got it.

I was so happy with the way this turned out. For you photographers: focal lenght 17mm, f2.8, ISO 400, shutter speed 4 seconds, focus - maual.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment