Monday, January 11, 2010

Photo Shoot 101 at the Kimble House

I'm told often that my kids look so happy in the photos that I take of them. They ARE happy kids, but it's not always quite that easy getting that happy shot. Especially when one of them is already in a pouty mood about something. There are several cute shots in here..but of course I had to have that "PERFECT" shot, which there never is because everyones idea of perfect is so different!

It started out good. They love candy canes and had seen their cousins pictures with candy canes so they wanted to do them too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

But I should have seen how it was heading. They wanted to know why the hats had balls on them. Rule #1 - Never let them get distracted. Luckily I nipped this distraction before it got started too much.
Photobucket

Abigail does a great job of trying to get her brother to cooperate. Anything to make him laugh usually works, but if he gets focused (fixated) on something (an idea,whatever) then it can be a tough go of it.

Come on Caleb..you can smile for Mom"..
Photobucket

Maybe if I keep this look on my face, she'll finally give in...Photobucket

Ahhh...I see a little smile trying to sneak out...
Photobucket

Maybe this will work...a little lick
Photobucket

yeah, that worked!
Photobucket

a little laughter goes along way... (what you can't tell from the photo is that it's fake laughing, at least Calebs is)
Photobucket

Get back here...I'll lick you again
Photobucket

Ewww...yuck...gotta wipe the slobers off
Photobucket

hmmph...that didn't work
Photobucket

are you done yet Mom???!!! (at this point they usually get the "smile for the camera, act happy, laugh, or......) I haven't figured out "or" yet. :)
Photobucket

ok...let's get this over with...she's not going to stop
Photobucket

cheesy smiles
Photobucket

whew..that was hard work
Photobucket

lets try bigger smiles and see if she likes that
Photobucket

full out open mouth smile HAS to do the trick
Photobucket

alright guys...that's a little too much don't you think?
Photobucket

So basically, line them up and snap away. You're bound to come up with something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment